Gearbox for heavy duty locomotives
The gearbox for heavy duty locomotives is specially designed for the use in direct drive locomotives. This gearbox improves the efficiency at full load from around 70 % to more than 96 % in forward and reverse.
As a major supplier of locomotive traction gearing for freight and commuter rail applications, GearWorld (GW) manufactures a full range of aftermarket gearing for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) AC and DC locomotives worldwide.
Our Gears are:
- Manufactured from closed die alloy steel forgings
- Carburized and hardened at our in-house heat-treat facility
- Finish machined on CNC Twin-spindle VTL to ensure accuracy
- Teeth finish ground on CNC gear grinders
- All processes controlled 100% in-house
- Final inspection includes state of the art CMM charting equipment
Our Gears yield exceptional wear properties by offering consistent case depth and hardness as compared to induction or flame hardening.
Key advantages of our Gears include:
- Up to 60% Longer Wear Life
- Reduced Operating Vibration
- Lower Overall Operating Costs
- Extended Time Between Re-Profiling
- Manufactured to latest AAR M-1003 & ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standards
Added value gearbox for heavy duty locomotives
Gear units designed precisely to customer requirements (Drop-in and/or retrofit solution)
Additional engineering services (e.g. rotor dynamics of the strand, modal analysis of the overall structure, etc.)