Do you want to keep that over priced reducer/gearbox humming like a bird and no down time?
Here are 5 simple steps to prevent you from spending your time with a psychiatrist and most importantly money!
- Check the oil. You’d be amazed how the consistency, color and smell can tell you allot of the condition of your Falk gearbox.
- Bearings – YES THE BEARINGS… some engineers fail to simply replace the bearings on the Falk gearboxes and reducers which I recommend every 6 months. By doing so your keeping the torque stable with the RPM that Falk demands.
- Seals – Falk gearboxes and reducers like the bearings are recommended for replacement every 6-8 months “it works” always have spares along with bearings.
- Fly-Wheel exhaust fan. – Yep, the silly PVC “plastic” exhaust fan should be checked out on routine maintenance on Falk gearboxes and reducers, they can cause over-heating that can cause damage.
- Send it to a gearbox specialist every 12 months for a full inspection, you can never take enough care of your Falk gearboxes and reducers.
“By simply inspecting the bearings, seals, oils, greases every 6 months your 1 out of 7 engineers preventing major damage”– Drew Johnson – Eng.Sc.D